We’re Hiring! Financial Controller
Who we are
Link2Feed is a social enterprise specializing in an online management software for food banks. As the product gains rapid adoption in Canada, Link2Feed is now expanding into other North American and foreign markets.
What we do
Link2Feed is more than just a software, we’re a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation that provides food banks with the technology to better understand hunger and increase their overall community impact.
We’re hiring a talented Controller. In this role, your core responsibilities will be to: 1) independently develop and run all aspects of our Finance and Accounting Operations, 2) serve as a financial planning and operations thought partner to the CEO and the leadership team, and 3) uphold Link2Feed’s core values, which are: Accountability, Advocacy, Accessibility and Collaboration.
The Controller will report directly to the CEO and will be able to take on significant responsibility and leadership opportunities quickly. This role offers tremendous growth potential for a motivated individual.
- Completely own all aspects of our Accounting Operations
- Independently maintain the general ledger, and manage our three financial statements
- Manage customer invoicing, accounts receivable, and collections (including customer-facing communication regarding invoices and payment)
- Own payables, payroll & HR, and credit card management
- Develop and refine accounting, billing, and operational processes that scale at a rapidly growing company
- Monitor and report real-time cash trends and capital requirements
- Own and execute the monthly accounting close process and deliver the monthly reporting packages by the 20th of each month to our leadership team and to our investors
- Create and build effective internal controls and manage technical accounting functions (audit, tax, cash management)
- Own the miscellaneous Accounting/Finance tasks that inevitably pop up at a growing SaaS company, including organization and management of vendor contracts and other documents
- Own all Accounting Systems and any future system transitions
- Own and maintain our Intacct customer database for customer contracts, billing and receivables
- Own and maintain our Bill.com database for processing of accounts payables
- Maintain financial records within our CRM database
- Manage internal HR processes and our relationship with our third-party benefits administrators
- Develop and maintain customer contract management processes that allow for deeper customer insights and improved relationship management
- Serve as a trusted thought partner to the CEO and the leadership team
- Lead, in tandem with the CEO, the periodic modeling and reforecasting of the business for budgeting and long-term planning needs
- Analyze the business on a monthly basis to identify budget variances and report them to Link2Feed and Alpine SG leadership
- Create and manage tracking, analysis and internal reporting tools for the company’s strategic capital projects
- Assist the CEO in preparing quarterly board materials
- Provide ad hoc financial guidance to the CEO and the rest of the leadership team based on thoughtful, data driven analysis
Experience and Attributes:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related program
- 7+ years of accounting operations and GL experience with increasing responsibility, preferably at a rapidly growing tech company
- Deep understanding of Canada and U.S. GAAP accounting, and financial statements
- Excitement to take complete ownership of the accounting operations of the business and design them for long term success as the company rapidly scales
- Desire to enter a situation that requires you to independently build and create best practices that allow the accounting, finance, and operations processes to thrive at scale
- Ability to thrive in a flat, matrixed organizational structure with fewer established processes and procedures than larger organizations typically have
- Willingness and ability to take on financial forecasting and budgeting through extensive Excel based financial modeling
- Strong Excel skills, including report creation, data analysis, report formatting, charting, and use of common financial functions (index/match, vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables). We are willing to provide training courses in Excel modeling, if needed.
- GST and HST experience
- Experience working with a SaaS or related subscription-based business model
- Experience with Intacct, particularly the contracts billing module
- Experience with our other internal systems
- Location: Sarnia, ON Canada
- Compensation: Competitive
- Culture: Fast-paced, highly mission-driven atmosphere in a casual, laid back environment
Apply online here!